Monday, January 18, 2010

A Gift Forgotten

Today, being a holiday (MLK jr Birthday) I did like most of America and went out the stores. Now, I didn't need to go shopping for anything but my wife and granddaughter Emily did. So I drove.

At each store I sat in the car in the parking lot with the radio on and the windows down. It was 52 degrees and the sun was shinning. A far cry from last night when it was snowing like crazy. I would close my eyes and I could feel the strings of Spring tugging at the winter landscape. I could see in my minds eye the nymphs dancing around with their pan flutes (Oh crap! Was I listening to Zamfir?). It was a gorgeous day!

Why does a 52 degree day feel so cold in the fall and in the winter or spring so great? This is just one of those puzzling questions that confound the academia.

Well all questions aside it was just great! A true gift from God in a world gone mad. It's these small and often overlooked gifts that we often take too much for granted. Much like the sacrifices that Dr. King did for our society. Today little thought is given to the Civil Rights Movement. Another gift given to us from God that is too often overlooked.

Bless you Dr. King and Thank You for your sacrifice and may it never be forgotten by us all!

No comments: